Information, including Personal Information, Collected by Wyty
Wyty is a database, accessible via Website, of publicly available sources of information aggregated for Visitors’ convenience.
Through Wyty, Visitors can access certain information posted to or made available through the Website as compiled, distributed, and displayed by Wyty and other third-party content providers (“Third-Party Providers”) including, but not limited to, third-party websites or services that provide information about individuals (each, a “Search Subject”) that can be searched for and accessed through the Website (“People Search Service”).
Such information may identify, relate to, describe, is reasonably associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“Personal Information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Any information excluded by law from the definition of Personal Information
Wyty obtains Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our customers or their agents. For example, from information that our customers provide to us related to the services for which they engage us.
- Indirectly from our customers or their agents. For example, through information we collect from our customers in the course of providing services to them.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.wyty.com) along with all subdomains. For example, from submissions through our Site portal or Site usage details collected automatically.
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform.
When you interact with Wyty through its Website, we collect information that you provide, and as necessary to help identify and contact you, including, but not limited to, when you submit an online application to become a Wyty member (“Member”), which enables you to utilize services made available to Members by and through the Website (“Member Services”); when you submit a request to opt out of Wyty’s People Search service; when you request our People Search Service; or when you contact us with a question, comment, or request. This information may include, among other information, your e-mail address; full name; company name; date of birth; password; mailing address; credit card information; and information associated with a Search Subject (such as a name, age, or address) that you use to request our People Search Service.
We also collect information about the computing device you use to access our online services, which information includes device ID, advertising ID, your browser, your browsing activity while using our online services (for example, the pages you view, how long you stay on each page, and how often you return, the ads or online content you accessed) and your IP address and information related to that IP address (such as domain information, and the internet service provider used). This information is collected for site optimization, to correctly render text and graphics, and for marketing development.
If you do not want the Website to collect information made available through Cookies, you may set your web browser to reject Cookies from the Website, or to inform you when a Cookie has been sent to your computer to provide you with the opportunity to refuse that Cookie. Each web browser is different, so please check your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to change your Cookie preferences. When you disable or reject Cookies, you may not be able to use the Member Services or experience the full functionality of the Website.
Wyty also collects and aggregates publicly available information for the purpose of selling or otherwise making such information available to individuals, businesses, and government agencies that use Wyty’s products and services, including the wyty.com people search. Consumers may out of the sale of this information, as detailed in the Your Rights and Choices subsection below. We do not sell information we collect from site visitors.
The following categories of Personal Information may be collected by Wyty, and have been collected by Wyty, in the preceding 12 months:
||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
||A name, signature, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
||Age (40 years or older), sex
|D. Commercial information.
||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, or other purchasing or consuming histories.
|E. Biometric information.
||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.
||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|G. Geolocation data.
||Physical location or movements.
|H. Sensory data.
||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
|I. Professional or employment-related information.
||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Use and Share Personal Information
We use, sell, or otherwise disclose the information that we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide products or services, such as our People Search Service and other Member Services;
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery;
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To process, or in connection with, any payments or transactions that you authorize;
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- To send you service-related communications to verify and manage your Member account, about the Website, about the services you request, or containing required notices;
- To process your requests to opt out of Wyty’s People Search service;
- To generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Website (e.g., to determine the demographics of our Visitors);
- For internal business purposes (e.g., to analyze and manage our business, to allow us to better tailor the Site to our Visitors’ needs);
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services;
- To customize your experience on the Website;
- To detect and protect against fraud, infringement, or other violations of our Terms of Service;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- For verification purposes in connection with a CCPA (“California Consumer Privacy Act”) request; and
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
When you submit a request to opt out of Wyty’s People Search service, we require that you provide verification information and an email address. Wyty only uses this email address to (i) send you an email to verify your request to opt out and (ii) communicate with you about questions you may ask concerning your opt-out status. We will not sell information that you provide as part of the opt-out process, or use it for any other purpose, without your prior consent.
The following paragraphs describe in more detail how we may use or disclose the Personal Information you provide to us and with whom we may share it.
Fulfilling Your Transaction Request. If you request something from this Website, for example, a product or service, a callback, or specific marketing materials, we will use the information you provide to fulfill your request. To help us do this, we will share information with service providers to help us bring you the products and services we offer, either directly as the provider of such product or service, or indirectly such as financial institutions for credit card processing, email service providers, outsourced Customer Care providers or postal service providers. In addition, like many websites, we gather certain information automatically (including cookies and log files). This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click stream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer this website, to track users' movements around this website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. The cookies we use for these purposes and to fulfill your transaction request may contain your email address.
Communications from Us. When you request something from this website, we will send you transactional emails related to your service request. You cannot opt out of receiving these communications. However, you can opt in to receive promotional emails from us. If you later choose to opt out of receiving these emails, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the link included in the email or logging in to your account and changing your preferences.
Disclosures for a Business Purpose. We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
Sales of Personal Information. We may also share your personal information by selling it to third parties, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Wyty has sold the following categories of Personal Information:
|Personal Information Category
||Category of Third-Party Recipients
|Business Purpose Disclosures
||Data brokers; Data analytics providers; Service Providers
|B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
||Data brokers; Payment Processors; Service Providers
|C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
|D: Commercial information.
|E: Biometric information.
|F: Internet or other similar network activity.
||Data analytics providers
|G: Geolocation data.
|H: Sensory data.
|I: Professional or employment-related information.
|J: Non-public education information.
|K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Service Providers. We may share information we have collected with one or more third parties or affiliates to provide specific services on our behalf, including, but not limited to:
- Credit card processing companies to process your payments for goods and services and to verify that your credit card account is valid and active; e-mail service providers to send out e-mails on our behalf; sales partners to sell you our services; data partners to process data on our behalf (e.g., by removing duplicate information from user lists, by analyzing data); and marketing partners who may market our products to you on our behalf and provide analysis of such marketing efforts. These affiliates and service providers will have access to your information as needed to perform their functions on our behalf, but we do not authorize them to use your information for other purposes. In addition, apart from the circumstances described above, we will not share your credit card information with any third parties without your prior informed consent, although notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to share with third parties the fact that we have credit card information about you on file.
- Certain third-party entities (such as data partners) in connection with providing the People Search Service for the sole and exclusive purpose of obtaining information applicable to the particular Search Subject.
- Call centers to provide customer service.
- Service providers who verify customer purchases and help protect against fraud.
- Certain service providers who provide regulatory or information security audits, conduct member surveys, provide all or a portion of an underlying product or Service on our behalf, or perform statistical analysis of the Services or data relating thereto. In these cases, we may provide your Personal Information to these service providers, but we do not authorize them to use your information for other purposes.
Legal or Regulatory Compliance. We may disclose information we have processed, stored, or collected, as necessary to comply with law enforcement requests, subpoena, court order, legal process served upon us, governmental regulation, or otherwise to comply with the law.
Information About Search Subjects
We collect information about Search Subjects from our third-party data providers. Wyty uses data about Search Subjects to provide our People Search Service performed through the Website.
We may use or share information we have collected for one or more of the following purposes:
- Sharing, as necessary for disclosure to any acquiring entity in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation of Wyty;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of you or others (e.g., by exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes, by providing information to law enforcement where we believe the Website is being or has been used to commit unlawful acts).
In addition, we may share aggregate reports comprised of the demographic, usage, and/or other characteristics of our Visitors as a group, which will never identify you personally, with third parties.
Your Rights and Choices
Various applicable laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act, provides consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Wyty disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months, including information regarding our disclosure or sale of your Personal Information.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, hereinbelow), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request, which request is only available for California residents).
- If we sold your Personal Information or disclosed it for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that were sold; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that were disclosed.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Wyty delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions set forth hereinbelow. We will endeavor to delete all records and associated records based on the completeness of information provided by the authorized requestor.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, hereinbelow), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. Any report purchased prior to our receipt of your request and the response time allowed by law may still be accessible to the purchaser thereof in accordance with the terms of our service. Note, in addition to this website, there are many other companies offering public records search services, and your request that we delete your Personal Information from this website will not prevent your information from appearing on these other services.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with applicable laws, such as the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
- Visiting https://www.wyty.com/compliance/data-request/
- Calling us at (888) 211-2291.
- Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, the authorized agent must possess signed permission from you (the subject of the request), must furnish evidence of your identity, must furnish evidence of the agent’s identity, and must directly confirm to us that he or she is an authorized agent.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information and verify an authorized representative, if applicable, which may include a copy of a government-issued identification, a legal document or court order (such as a power-of-attorney) appointing a requestor with agency to make decisions about the consumer’s property, finances, and other affairs, among other things.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights, hereinbelow.
Response Timing and Format. We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not received confirmation within the 10-business day timeframe, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wyty endeavors to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, which are available only for California residents, we will select a format, such as a comma-separated value (“CSV”) file, to provide your Personal Information, which format is readily useable.
Wyty will not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is frivolous (i.e., excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded). If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Minors (persons who have not yet attained the age of 18 years) are not eligible to use the Services, and we prohibit minors from submitting any Personal Information to us. We will not knowingly collect information from minors or knowingly allow minors to become members of our Services. If we later discover or receive verifiable information that a minor is a member, then that minor’s account will be terminated. We do not knowingly publish or sell Personal Information concerning anyone we actually know is under the age of 18. If you know of information appearing in these Services concerning anyone under the age of 18, please send an email to us at email@example.com.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out Rights
Wyty sells personal information. You have the right to direct us to not sell your Personal Information at any time (the “right to opt-out”).
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: https://www.wyty.com/remove/ or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at (888) 211-2291.
Your information will be removed from our database in approximately 7-14 days from our receipt of your request. Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize Personal Information sales.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted or required by law, we will not: deny you services; charge you different prices or rates for services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; provide you a different level or quality of services; or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
Changes to This Policy
If you need to access this Policy in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact email@example.com or (888) 211-2291.